act480 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 7 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Contingency Models for Single and Multiple Lives
- Calculate Life length expectation (how long you are expected to live based on a table).
- Explain how multiple life states and lifeprobabilities are calculated.
- Explain the survival function.
- Describe Markov chain model process.
- Describe common probability approximation methods over a time period inherent in Contingent Model calculations.
Present Value Random Variables
- Present Value Random Variables.
- Describe the impact of varying assumptions in various contingent models.
- Calculate common probability metrics for contingent models.
- Describe common probability approximation methods over a time period inherent in present value calculations.
- Explain the background and types of products and problems a life insurance actuary encounters.
- Describe the 3 main calculation methodologies (the equivalence principle, the portfolio-premium principle, and premiums determined by specified profit objectives principle).
Introduction to Policy Values and Reserves
- Describe Full Preliminary Term and Modified Net Premium Reserve methods.
- Explain Thieleâs differential equation.
- Describe Common Life insurance policy Alterations.
- Calculate Policy Values.
Profit and Advanced Valuation Concepts
- Describe the Yield curve.
- Explain Diversifiable and Non-Diversifiable risk in life insurance products.
- Describe common profit measures for life contingent products.
- Calculate common profit measures including Internal Rate of Return, Actual Profit, Gain, Expected profit.
Universal Life Insurance and Policy Dividends
- Explain Participating (dividend paying) Life Insurance.
- Calculate Participating Life Insurance Contract Values.
- Explain Universal Life Insurance.
- Calculate Univeral Life Contract values.
- Calculate Universal Life Profit measures.
- Compare Defined Benefit to Defined Contribution Pension Plans.
- Compare decrements associated with evaluating pension plans.
- Compare different models associated with evaluating pension plans.
- Explain considerations in varying assumptions of a pension evaluation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.