adm515 | Graduate
Ethical And Legal Issues For Educators
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Laws and Legislation in Education
- Summarize the historical case laws that have had the most significant impact in public education.
- Compare the laws governing student discipline in public schools over the past 50 years.
- Examine current legislation regarding achievement, assessment, and evaluation of students and teachers in public education.
- Analyze potential legal issues that technology and the use of the Internet has created for public schools.
Ethical Considerations for Educators, Students, and Parents
- Apply ethical principles to guide behavior and professional interactions among teachers, students, and parents.
- Compare codes of ethics from organizations in education.
- Examine the ethics involved in teacher employment, supervision, and collective bargaining issues.
- Examine the ethical concerns an educator needs to be aware of in relationships with students, parents, and colleagues in public schools.
- Present possible issues concerning laws that may challenge ethical behavior on the part of educators.
- Analyze current ethical issues facing public schools today.
Overview of Ethical and Legal Issues
- Discuss the importance of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards in defining the role of educators as it relates to ethical and legal issues in education.
- Analyze where the power lies regarding laws and policies in education.
- Illustrate how the relationship between law and ethics affects decision-making.
Policy, Statute, and Case Law
- Explain how laws are created for public schools.
- Determine the differences between laws and policies as they pertain to public education.
- Analyze guiding principles from historical case law.
- Examine the consequences for violating implicit or explicit behavioral expectations, and the causes for dismissal from employment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.