adm516 | Graduate
Ethical And Legal Issues For Administrators
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
School Administration and the Instructional Program
- Determine the legal and ethical stance on issues of compulsory attendance and truancy of students from a school administratorâs perspective.
- Explain the legal authority for defining curriculum for public schools.
- Analyze the administratorâs role involving levels of accountability required of public schools.
School Safety and Security
- Examine the jurisdiction of the USA PATRIOT Act on public schools.
- Define the administratorâs role regarding school safety and violence in schools.
- Explain zero tolerance and due process for public school administration.
Legal Framework of Public Schools and School Liability
- Identify historic laws governing education and the effect of these laws on public schools.
- Analyze court system rulings on education and the significant legal and ethical implications that have resulted.
- Examine student rights and restrictions through the lens of a school administrator.
- Compare intentional and unintentional torts related to public education.
- Summarize the impact of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) on public schools.
- Analyze the legal and ethical issues of using the Internet in public schools.
Law and Ethics of Teacher Employment and Evaluation
- Analyze the issues around employment practices that administrators must adhere to when hiring staff.
- Explain teacher rights and freedoms through the lens of a school administrator.
- Describe the legal and ethical concerns regarding discrimination in employment.
- Summarize due process related to teacher evaluation and dismissal.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.