adm517 | Graduate
Special Education Program Administration
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Budgets and Program Evaluation
- Analyze how to evaluate a special education program to ensure effectiveness and legal compliance.
- Identify best practices for administering a special education program.
- Summarize the challenges school leaders face in administering special education programs.
- Evaluate how special education budgets should be managed to promote adequacy, equity, and excellence.
History, Law, and Policy
- Summarize the evolution of special education.
- Analyze laws that affect special education.
- Define the role of due process in special education.
- Demonstrate the application of laws and policies pertaining to diverse learners with exceptional learning needs.
Referral and Evaluation
- Identify possible needs for interventions related to student learning.
- Illustrate the response to intervention (RTI) process.
- Analyze the steps of the individualized education program (IEP) process.
- Explain the appropriateness of a 504 accommodation plan.
- Describe the purpose of the individualized transition plan (ITP).
Staff, Outside Service Providers, Families, and Advocates for Special Education
- Describe the individual roles and responsibilities for serving special needs students.
- Create a plan for building relationships with professional and paraprofessional educators in the school to serve special needs students.
- Identify outside service providers.
- Evaluate effective family involvement that fosters positive engagement in education.
- Review the importance of early intervention, including services for children from infancy to 5 years old.
- Discuss the legal aspects of family involvement in the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process and through IDEA 2004 legislation.
- Describe when an advocate might be used in the special education process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.