adm596 | Graduate
Internship On The Principalship (6 Week)
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Facility Maintenance and Food Service; Community
- Investigate programs available to stimulate community involvement.
- Describe methods to promote family participation in the educational community.
- Describe the responsibilities of the principal regarding the maintenance and custodial care of the facilities.
- Analyze the procedure used by the principal to maintain a safe facility.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the principal regarding food services.
Staff Development; Governing Board
- Describe the role the principal plays in staff development.
- Analyze the different methods of staff development.
- Investigate the benefits offered by the Arizona School Administrators Association.
- Analyze local school board policies.
- Describe the process for adopting board policies.
Human Resources; Administrative Relationships and Communication
- Analyze the job descriptions for certified and classified personnel.
- Explain local school board policies pertaining to terminating personnel.
- Explain local school board policies pertaining to certified and classified personnel evaluation.
- Identify techniques used to develop and maintain effective communication.
- Describe how principals network with other administrators.
Leadership; Curriculum and Instruction; Scheduling
- Analyze different leadership styles.
- Identify the vision and mission for the school.
- Describe the role of the site counsel in the decision-making process.
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of the principal.
- Describe the different curriculum guides used in the school setting.
- Identify the different programs taught in the school setting.
- Compare and contrast approaches used to educate diverse populations.
- Analyze the process used to build a master schedule.
- Describe the process for assigning staff to teaching assignments and duties.
Fiscal Operations; Public Relations and Media
- Identify the steps involved in the preparation and administration of the school budget.
- Interpret the alignment of the district budget to the school-level budget.
- Describe the procedures used for ordering equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Explain the procedures relating to student activity accounts.
- Recognize methods of keeping the community aware of school functions.
- Analyze methods used by the principal to promote positive public relations.
- Describe the school board policy regarding communicating with the media.
Transportation Issues; Student Discipline
- Describe the role of the principal in transportation issues.
- Identify techniques the principal uses to deal with disruptive students on buses.
- Evaluate the discipline management plan used by the principal.
- Analyze special education law pertaining to discipline.
- Review the local school board policy regarding disciplining students.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.