admin575 | Graduate
Family, Community, And Media Relations
topic title goes here
Understanding Community Interests and Needs
- Synthesize current research findings on school and community relations.
- Analyze the implications of the research for a specific school context.
- Assess the demographics, dynamics, issues, and trends of a diverse school community and the implications for partnerships and collaborations.
Ongoing, Reciprocal Collaborations With Diverse Families and the School Community
- Analyze models and processes for involving diverse families and the school community in informing and affirming a school’s vision, in problem-solving issues, and in decision making to improve student achievement.
- Examine the role of the principal in developing and maintaining collaborations with families and the school community.
- Identify opportunities for establishing connections between a school and its families and community groups.
Ongoing, Reciprocal Collaborations With Diverse Families and the School Community, Cont'd.
- Appropriately utilize community resources, including youth services, to support student achievement, solve school problems, and achieve school goals.
- Develop a multifaceted plan that enables the community and school to serve each other to develop relevant and needed services.
- Describe ethical issues to consider when working with families and community groups.
Partnering With the Business Community
- Examine a school’s current partnerships with business groups in the community.
- Identify opportunities for establishing partnerships with community businesses.
- Describe ethical issues to consider when working with business groups.
- Appropriately utilize business resources to support student achievement, solve school problems, and achieve school goals.
- Create a process for building and maintaining a reciprocal partnership with community businesses.
Establishing Ongoing Relationships Between Schools and the Media
- Examine the importance of establishing effective media relations.
- Examine the nature of public relations, marketing concepts, and the ways in which marketing principles may ensure the responsiveness of educational services to local needs.
- Propose strategies for developing reciprocal relationships with media groups.
- Determine a multifaceted communication process to share a school’s vision, information, and accomplishments.
- Create electronic forms of communication, such as a newsletter or an interactive school website.
- Plan a social action project that involves school, families, community, and the media.
Changes in the Roles and Contexts of the School Principal
- Examine the evolution of school leadership.
- Create a personal vision of reciprocal family, school, and community partnerships and collaborations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.