aed201 | undergraduate
Teaching As A Profession
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Teaching Profession
- Identify dimensions of professionalism in teaching.
- Discuss how current educational reforms may affect the teaching profession.
- Identify intrinsic and extrinsic rewards in teaching.
The Roles of a Teacher
- Recognize the impact of time management on a teacher's typical workday.
- Relate complexities of decision making to the classroom environment.
- Identify the various roles of a teacher.
Students in Today's Classrooms
- Identify instructional strategies that accommodate different learning preferences.
- Contrast educational experiences of boys with educational experiences of girls.
- Relate best teaching practices to the needs of diverse learners.
Changes in American Society and the Effects in Education
- Infer the relationship of socioeconomic status with student achievement.
- Identify characteristics associated with at-risk students.
- Review the history of education in America.
- Discuss how legal and ethical standards influence teacher professionalism.
- Describe legal rights and responsibilities of teachers and students.
Governance and Finance in Education
- Explain how governance affects schools and policies.
- Relate funding inequalities among school facilities across the United States.
- Debate the implications of school-choice reforms.
Technology in American Schools
- Determine how technology can impact learning.
- Identify different types of technologies teachers use to manage their classrooms.
- Devise strategies to overcome obstacles that arise with technology use in classrooms.
Successful Instruction in American Schools
- Analyze elements of effective classroom interactions.
- Discuss programs that provide support for new teachers.
Developing as a Professional
- Create a professional development plan.
- Formulate informed expectations of the teaching profession.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.