aed203 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Ways to Monitor and Assess Student Progress
- Describe strategies for monitoring student progress.
- Determine the appropriate use of different types of assessments.
Implementation of the Language Arts Curriculum
- Compare and contrast approaches to teaching English language arts.
- Identify ways to integrate English language arts content and instruction.
Implementation of the Mathematics Curriculum
- Compare and contrast approaches to teaching mathematics.
- Identify ways to integrate mathematics content and instruction.
Implementation of the Science Curriculum
- Describe different approaches to teaching science.
- Identify ways to integrate science content and instruction.
Implementation of the Social Studies Curriculum
- Compare and contrast approaches to teaching social studies.
- Identify ways to integrate social studies content and instruction.
Effective Facilitation of Learning
- Determine effective methods for facilitating learning.
- Identify strategies to deal with disruptive and off-task behaviors.
- Identify methods that engage students in the learning process.
- Determine effective classroom expectations and procedures for different age groups.
- Formulate time-management strategies that maintain continuity in the classroom.
Foundational Context and Curriculum Challenges
- Identify factors that affect learning in today’s classroom.
- Determine the roles that home, school, and society play in the educational system.
- Describe characteristics of effective teaching.
- Differentiate among instructional strategies.
- Identify the role of standards in planning and instruction.
- Determine the components of an effective lesson plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.