aed204 | undergraduate
Diversity In The Classroom
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Supporting Students with Special Needs
- Infer the impact of equal inclusion for all students on the regular classroom.
- Identify laws affecting equal inclusion.
- Determine the demographic representation in special education classes.
Diversity in Education
- Identify the role of the First Amendment in education.
- Compare the impact of the belief systems within the educational setting.
- Determine the factors that help identify at-risk students.
- Recognize signs of abuse, drug use, and suicidal tendencies in students.
Creating a Multicultural Environment
- Determine the criteria for assessing bias and stereotypes conveyed in educational materials.
- Identify teaching strategies that recognize and promote cultural diversity.
- Discuss the need for creating a climate of acceptance and caring.
A Multicultural Environment
- Identify the obstacles to equality in education.
- Define the importance of cultural identity.
- Identify the characteristics of a multicultural school environment.
- Identify the social factors that impact educational equality.
- Recognize implications of socioeconomic status in education.
Addressing Ethnic Diversity
- Discuss current laws related to educational diversity.
- Apply strategies to incorporate tolerance and sensitivity toward diversity in instructional practices.
- Assess how ethnicity influences behavior, attitudes, and values.
Language and Diversity
- Analyze the impact of language ability on assessment strategies.
- Discuss the impact of language diversity on instruction.
- Recognize the legal and ethical issues confronting the education of English Language Learners.
Cultural Influences on Gender
- Identify strategies for addressing sexual harassment amongst students.
- Recognize signs of gender discrimination and stereotyping in an educational setting.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.