aed205 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Guiding Students’ Collaborative Work
- Describe challenges associated with collaborative work.
- Distinguish between group work and cooperative learning.
- Recommend strategies for managing collaborative activities.
Providing Support for Special Needs Students
- Define various types of special needs students.
- Apply a variety of instructional strategies to address students’ special needs.
- Defend opposing viewpoints on inclusion.
Order and Disorder in the Classroom
- Relate cultural differences to perceptions of norms.
- Determine appropriate responses to off-task behaviors.
- Describe effective violence prevention and response methods.
Applying Classroom Management Knowledge
- Propose responses to classroom management challenges.
- Evaluate classroom management techniques.
Establishing the Classroom Environment
- Assess class rules and procedures of a classroom management plan.
- Identify communication skills that support a productive classroom environment.
- Discuss methods to address peer harassment.
Motivating Students Toward Success
- Relate the expectancy-value model to the desire to learn.
- Apply motivational strategies to learning activities.
- Devise tactics to motivate disengaged students.
Characteristics of the Classroom
- Identify potential challenges in the classroom environment.
- Identify goals for effective classroom management.
Managing Class Time
- Identify methods to maintain activity flow.
- Describe strategies for monitoring student progress.
- Develop procedures that minimize classroom disruptions.
Guiding Students’ Independent Work
- Describe challenges associated with independent work.
- Recommend strategies for managing independent activities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.