aet555 | Graduate
Overview Of The Community College
topic title goes here
Governance and Organizational Structure
- Compare community college governance models.
- Explore national and local governance issues.
- Investigate community college organizational structures and their effects.
- Examine the purpose of accreditation.
- Investigate measurements of accountability.
Student Populations and Student Services
- Describe community college student populations.
- Explore admission, enrollment, and registration policies.
- Examine services offered to community college students.
- Evaluate essential and non-essential services.
- Explore retention issues.
- Examine the role of articulation and its relationship to community college students.
- Examine instructional methodologies and delivery modalities.
- Explore developmental education and its role in student success.
- Describe services that support student learning.
- Identify methods and challenges of assessment.
- Explore community college curricula.
- Examine curriculum development processes.
- Identify types of degrees and certificates awarded by community colleges.
Roles and Challenges for Faculty
- Identify faculty roles.
- Analyze faculty challenges and their effects on the institutional environment.
- Examine faculty qualification and certification processes.
- Explore the role and challenges of technology in the educational environment.
The Future of Community Colleges
- Describe research in and about community colleges.
- Analyze trends and challenges related to the community college.
- Investigate how community colleges respond to local social, political, and economic influences.
Historical Perspectives, Philosophies, and Missions
- Examine the history of community colleges.
- Describe the historical and current functions of community colleges.
- Explore the general mission of community colleges.
Funding and Finances
- Identify sources of community college funding.
- Analyze the relationship among funding, services, course and program offerings, and local and national economic issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.