art101 | undergraduate
Introduction To Art
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Compare sculptural styles.
- Describe installation art.
Art and Meaning: Understanding the Art You See
- Demonstrate visual literacy.
- Summarize the roles of the artist.
Identify historical design movements.
Identify principles of design within a composition.
Drawing and Painting
Explain the relevance of drawing to the creative process.
- Compare painting methodology of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries.
- Distinguish between Greek and Roman contributions to architecture.
- Explain the function of architecture in different cultures.
- Compare early and modern photography methods.
- Compare artistic film and popular cinema.
Art and Intention: Seeing the Value in Art
Summarize public reaction to examples of controversial art.
- Discuss individual perspectives to art in public spaces.
Art in Context
- Evaluate systems of support for art in local communities.
- Analyze artwork.
Formal Elements: The Building Blocks of Art
Identify the formal elements of art.
- Describe artworks in formal terms.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.