arts100 | undergraduate
Introduction To The Visual And Performing Arts
topic title goes here
Experiencing the Arts
- Define the purpose of the arts.
- Differentiate between different forms of the arts.
- Describe personal experiences with the arts.
The Visual Arts
- Describe elements of composition in the visual arts.
- Describe the media and materials used in the visual arts.
- Examine the subjects and styles of the visual arts.
Music and Dance
- Describe foundational elements of the performing arts.
- Describe how the performing arts communicate ideas.
- Examine the role of artistic choice and its effect on the experience of the viewer.
Theatre and Cinema
- Examine literal and symbolic meaning in cinema.
- Evaluate the processes of artistic choice in cinema and theatre.
Reflection and Synthesis
- Formulate a defense of the arts.
- Describe how the formal elements of art affect the viewing experience.
- Identify your role in the arts in your community and in society.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.