arts100ca | undergraduate
Introduction To The Visual And Performing Arts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Theater and Cinema
- Discuss elements to consider in the analysis of an entire film including a director's style, camera techniques, editing techniques and results, and use of music.
- Discuss theater elements including set design, costumes, makeup, lighting, and acting.
- Describe a film's general focus and general theme.
Visual Arts (Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional)
- Discuss the relationship of line, form, color, and texture in relation to two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms.
- Explain how notable artists and artworks define and reflect specific movement or attitudes of various time periods.
- Identify various aspects of architecture including form, structure, building material, use of space, and function.
- Discuss the relationship of line, form, color, and texture in architecture.
- Examine key architects and architecture from the Middle Ages to the present.
- Compare and contrast ballet, folk, and modern dance.
- Explain the relationship of line, form, and repetition in relation to dance style, artistic expression, and audience perceptions.
- Develop an understanding of various musical elements such as tonality, texture, melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
- Examine key composers and compositions of the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic periods.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.