aut502 | Graduate
Speech And Language Development In Autism Spectrum Disorders
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- List available interventions to increase communication skills and promote independence for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Compare different approaches to communication intervention.
- Identify intervention selection considerations for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication Overview
- Identify instructional technology strategies that improve student achievement by fostering functional communication across environments.
- Identify challenges in implementing augmentative and alternative communication systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication intervention technology strategies across learning environments.
- Apply communication intervention curriculum for students at risk across multiple content areas.
- Compare typical communication development with language development among children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Explain the importance and acquisition of joint attention, communicative intent, pragmatics, and nonverbal communication.
Considerations for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Describe the role of various stakeholders in the assessment process.
- Match augmentative and alternative communication systems to characteristics of potential candidates.
- Describe strategies for assessing receptive and expressive communication skills.
- Develop individualized communication profiles indicating the level of communication performance and the impact on functionality.
- Determine intervention strategies incorporating communication profile data.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.