aut503 | Graduate
Communication And Socialization In Autism Spectrum Disorders
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Social Skill Interventions That Promote Skill Acquisition
- Describe social skill acquisition tools and methods.
- Compare social scripting, video modeling, and social problem-solving strategies.
- Design social stories that address social situations.
Social Skill Interventions That Facilitate Social Skill Generalization
- Explain self-monitoring strategies.
- Describe social skill generalization tools and methods.
- Design reinforcement protocols that include plans for fading supports.
- All objectives apply.
Overview of Social Skills
- Summarize current research in the area of social skill development theory.
- Describe common social skill deficits in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Identify characteristics that may impede social skill development in students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Social Skill Development Assessments
- Compare socially valid assessment tools.
- Analyze ethical considerations regarding social skill assessment.
- Describe social skill assessment tools and methods.
Social Skill Interventions That Enhance Social Skill Performance
- Describe social skill performance tools and methods.
- Compare social shaping, peer-mediated supports, and reinforcement strategies.
- Describe social prompt hierarchies addressing social situations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.