aut504 | Graduate
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Curriculum And Instruction
This course focuses on the instructional and organizational skills necessary for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Participants learn to develop and implement Individualized Education Plans and to create effective, efficient, and engaging instruction for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Instructional accommodations and inclusion are also addressed.
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Systematic Instructional Strategies
- Integrate Individualized Education Plan goals, grade-level curriculum, and instructional strategies to meet students’ needs.
- Develop lesson plans that help students apply and generalize knowledge.
- Determine strategies that teach executive functioning skills.
- Identify strategies for sensory integration.
- Identify accommodations to maximize learning.
- Apply the Universal Design for Learning.
- All objectives apply.
- Explain the individual learning styles of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Identify the actions and communications of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders that could be misinterpreted.
Successful Inclusion Practices
- Determine inclusionary strategies for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Academic and Functional Programs
- Develop an academic and functional plan.
- Integrate related services and technology supports within the curriculum.
- Apply ethics to the development of instructional programs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.