aut506 | Graduate
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Collaboration And Consultation
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Effective Communication and Problem-Solving Strategies
- Identify alternatives in problem solving when planning for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Describe strategies for generating problem solving when planning for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Describe consequences of poor communication regarding students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Define effective communication skills necessary for positive collaboration in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Describe characteristics and considerations for an effective team when planning for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Select among various teaming approaches based on the utility for collaboration.
Fundamentals of Collaboration
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary collaborative models.
- Identify the legal aspects and requirements that serve as a foundation for collaboration and consultation.
- Identify critical elements of collaboration.
- All objectives apply.
Collaborating with Families and Community Agencies
- Develop a plan for professional collaboration with community agencies.
- Identify techniques for effective family collaboration.
- Describe family systems theory as it pertains to effective collaboration.
Collaborating with School-Based Personnel
- Propose strategies for collaborating with paraprofessionals.
- Describe strategies for collaborating with related service providers.
- Identify various co-teaching models when planning for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the least restricted environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.