bcc400 | undergraduate
Information Systems Fundamentals
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Information Flow and Security
- Identify the effect of information security threats on systems.
- Describe the security professionalâs role in protecting electronic information.
- Identify how information flows through an organization.
- Evaluate ethical situations related to how information is used and shared.
Web and Mobile Computing
- Identify how the Internet impacts information systems and organizations.
- Identify how mobile and wireless technologies affect information security.
- Explain how information systems utilize new technologies.
Information Systems Overview
- Define common computer, networking, and information processing terms.
- Identify the hardware and software that information systems use.
- Identify the network types and telecommunications that support information systems.
- Describe how information systems enable and enhance the organization.
Information System Use in Organizations
- Identify types of systems used in organizations.
- Identify types of systems used by security professionals.
- Explain the importance of balancing security with operations.
- Identify internal and external security threats.
Managing Informational Technology
- Evaluate factors affecting system acquisition.
- Explain alternative management options for information technology systems.
- Explain the role of strategic planning in information technology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.