bio240 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain the process of speciation.
- Identify various beneficial adaptations seen in organisms.
- Explain the process of natural selection using Darwinâs theory of evolution.
- Identify the major characteristics of domains, kingdoms, and phyla.Â
- Recognize the ecological relationships among organisms within a given environment.
- Apply the lessons learned about ecological relationships and the environment to current issues.
Cell Structure and Function
- Compare prokaryotes and eukaryotes, plant and animal cells, and cells and viruses.
- Explain the function of the cell membrane as it relates to transport.
- Summarize the stages in photosynthesis and cellular respiration
- Describe the stages in the cell cycle.
- Explain how traits (including genetic disorders) are passed from one generation to the next.
- Relate Mendelian genetics to chromosome theory.
- Describe the structure of DNA and its role in heredity.
- Explain how DNA controls the synthesis of proteins.
- Identify ways DNA technology is used today.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.