bis303 | undergraduate
Managing Information Technology In The Hospitality Industry
topic title goes here
Role of IT in Strategic Planning
- Contrast proactive and reactive strategic problem solving for hospitality systems.
- Evaluate database usage in strategic planning.
- Identify human resource business strategies for internal customers.
- Identify marketing business strategies for external customers.
- Explain standard hospitality privacy issues for the hospitality industry.
- Describe physical plant and staff security technology for the hospitality industry.
- Distinguish between internal and external threats to IT databases.
Hospitality Information Technology Overview
- Describe the basic computer hardware, software, networks, and telecommunications used in the field of hospitality.
- Define the changing role of hospitality in IT from control to competitive advantage.
- Compare tools used to leverage the power of information.
Hospitality Information Systems and Users
- Describe the four levels of e-commerce transactions.
- Analyze e-information and distribution systems within four business functions.
- Compare internal property management systems with external global distribution systems.
Cost Controls and Resource Management Systems
- Develop point-of-sale and inventory tracking hospitality systems.
- Demonstrate production systems and management controls.
- Determine accounting control strategies in terms of hospitality technology investment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.