ble503 | Graduate
Foundations Of Instruction
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- All objectives apply.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Compare the types of assessment and evaluation for bilingual learners.
- Identify the political context for assessment and evaluation of bilingual learners.
- Analyze assessment and evaluation for bilingual learners.
Overview of Bilingual Instruction
Explain the principles, philosophies, and theories of education for bilingual learners.
- Identify cultural, linguistic, academic, and social issues that affect bilingual learners.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity on instructional programs.
- Determine the characteristics of effective communication and collaboration among stakeholders.
Historical and Legal Background
Summarize the historical and legal aspects of bilingual education.
- Analyze legislation and landmark cases that have influenced bilingual education.
Identify standard-based reforms related to bilingual education.
- Demonstrate how bilingual education policies and programs have developed.
Instructional Approaches and Strategies
- Describe the stages of language acquisition.
- Explain the issues that affect language acquisition.
- Identify the principles of bilingual special education.
- Analyze instructional approaches, methods, and strategies for teaching bilingual learners, including technology applications, tools, and software.
Content Area Instruction
- Apply multiple approaches in teaching social studies.
- Explain the thematic approach used to teach bilingual learners in the content areas.
- Identify the role culture plays in learning math and science.
- Analyze methods for teaching bilingual learners with special needs in the content areas.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.