ble504 | Graduate
Instructional Techniques And Methods
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Instruction: Understanding Strategies
- Compare instructional strategies for bilingual learners, including those that make use of technology.
- Relate basic interpersonal communication skills and cognitive academic language proficiency skills to the instruction of bilingual learners.
- Identify the characteristics of thematic instruction.
- Explain how to use thematic instruction with bilingual learners.
- Identify learning strategies used by bilingual learners.
Instruction: Applying Methodologies and Assessment
- Create a classroom environment that supports the instruction of bilingual learners.
- Describe the purposes of assessment in the content areas and for language acquisition.
- Determine further instruction from assessments.
- Identify the components of the major models for instructing bilingual learners.
Instruction: Honoring Cultural Diversity
- Describe how students develop their cultural identities.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity on instruction.
- Apply culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Explain the role of culture in language minority achievement.
Instruction: Involving Parents/Guardians and Community
- Explain how culture influences parent/guardian involvement strategies.
- Define key components of effective parent/guardian and community involvement programs.
- Identify how to involve culturally diverse parents/guardians and community members in instruction
- All objectives apply.
Instruction: Reviewing History and Theories
- Identify historical methods for instructing bilingual learners.
- Explain language acquisition theories.
- Describe how instruction relates to language acquisition stages.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.