ble573 | Graduate
Overview Of Linguistics
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Psycholinguistics and Sociolinguistics
- Identify stereotypes based on dialects and language variations.
- Explain the difference between linguistic determinism and linguistic relativism.
- Describe how language evolves.
Bilingual Education: Planning and Assessing Instruction
- Identify instructional standards in math, science, and social studies instruction for bilingual learners.
- Apply effective instructional methods for teaching math, science, and social studies to bilingual learners.
- Choose valid and reliable assessments for bilingual learners.
Nature of Human Language Development and Communication
- Describe the difference between the meanings of communication and language.
- Differentiate between linguistic competence and linguistic performance.
- Define the five components of grammar that a language learner must acquire, including phonology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and lexicon.
- Differentiate between descriptive, prescriptive, and universal grammar.
- Explain why linguists use a phonetic alphabet to represent sounds.
- Define the terms phoneme and allophone.
- Describe the components of morphology.
- Explain syntax, semantics, and pragmatics.
Bilingual Education: Language Acquisition & Teaching Methods
- Analyze first- and second-language acquisition processes.
- Identify instructional methods for teaching a second language.
- Identify language acquisition theories.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.