ble574 | Graduate
School, Community, And Family Culture
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Apply global perspectives to increase bilingual learnersâ awareness and understanding of the community.
- Implement bilingual instructional strategies for preparing a culturally responsive community.
- Define global education.
- Compare key concepts of multicultural and global education within the community.
- Define cultural diversity.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of cultural diversity in relation to multiple perspectives within the local and global community.
- Explain implications of human rights in association with cultural biases, stereotypes, and prejudice.
- Apply global perspective to increase bilingual learnersâ knowledge about diversity.
- Implement bilingual instructional strategies for preparing a culturally diverse community.
Culturally Responsive Curriculum, Instructional Strategies, and Assessment
- Explain culturally responsive teaching.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of creating a culturally responsive learning environment.
- Apply culturally responsive curriculum for bilingual learners across multiple content areas.
- Implement bilingual instructional strategies that support a culturally responsive learning environment.
- Describe ways to create culturally responsive assessments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of culturally responsive instructional strategies.
- Analyze culturally responsive bilingual teaching methods within the local and global community.
Overview of Multicultural Education
- Explain the historical implications of immigration, migration, and cultural groups in the United States.
- Define multicultural education.
- Identify terminology, principles, and strategies to enhance multicultural education.
- Describe components of culturally responsive teaching.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.