bpa302 | undergraduate
Politics And Citizenship: The Public Policy Environment
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Stakeholders and their Relationship to Public Policy
- Subdivide the stakeholders in the public policy arena.
- Evaluate the needs and wants of stakeholders.
- Examine stakeholder diversity and the creation of coalitions.
Development of Public Policy
- Explain the roles of stakeholders in developing public policy.
- Diagram the steps to public policy formulation.
- Examine citizen expectations and the influence of interest groups.
Tools of Public Policy
- Discriminate among the sources of public information.
- Analyze the uses of information in public policy.
- Discern the influence of the Internet on public policy.
Limits of Public Policy
- Recognize the constraints that exist in public policy development.
- Identify ethical issues in public policy development.
The Environment of Public Policy
- Determine the perspectives and choices of public policy decision making.
- Determine the scale and scope of the public policy environment.
- Compare and contrast the policy-making process in business and government.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.