bpa321 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Recruitment and Selection, Pay and Benefits
- Explain how employees are recruited and selected in the era of Public Human Resource Management reform.
- Summarize the determination of pay and benefits in the public and private sectors.
- Describe the legal climate regulating selection and hiring practices.
- Differentiate between disparate treatment and disparate impact.
Performance Appraisal and Managing Motivation in Public Service
- Explain the purpose and process of performance appraisal.
- Summarize the criteria and methods used in appraising employee performance in the public sector.
- Identify the issues involved with performance appraisals and motivation in the public versus private sector.
- Design public service motivation job descriptions.
Privatizing Human Resource Functions in the Public Sector / Strategic PHRM
- Explain the purpose and process of Public Human Resource Management privatization.
- Summarize the pitfalls to Public Human Resource Management privatization.
- Analyze the future of Strategic Human Resource Planning in an era of Public Human Resource Management reform.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the future of Public Human Resource Management.
Employment Law in the Public Sector
- Summarize the impact of equal employment, diversity, and Public Human Resource Management reform.
- Summarize the constitutional rights of public employees.
- Discuss the impact of employment law upon public sector and nonprofit organizations.
- Identify diversity concerns in public sector and nonprofit organizations.
Introduction to Public Human Resource Management and Evolution of Public Service in the United States
- Explain the role of Public Human Resource Management (PHRM).
- Identify the major components of Public Human Resource Management.
- Summarize the historical development of Public Human Resource Management in the United States.
- Explain the impact of Public Human Resource Management reform.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.