bpa406 | undergraduate
The Public Leader: Integration And Application
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Social and Political Environmental Issues in Public Leadership
- Explore the impact of cultural issues on all functions of the public sector.
- Analyze the social and political environment of public leadership at the global, national, state, and local levels.
- Determine the public's role in defining issues for the public leader.
- Analyze the sources of power in public leadership.
Leadership Principles and Actions
- Analyze how public leaders gain and lose power in the public policy environment.
- Analyze internal and external communication within public leadership.
- Examine the role of conflict in public leadership.
Effective Applications for Public Leaders
- Evaluate the various persuasive forms of leadership.
- Apply the principles and practices of leadership in public administration.
- Differentiate between management and leadership.
- Define public leadership.
- Compare and contrast leadership within the public and private sectors.
- Analyze the characteristics of effective leaders in the public sector.
Trends and Skills in Public Leadership
- Determine the skills required to be an effective public leader.
- Examine the expectations and limitations on the public leader in change management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.