brm216 | undergraduate
Introduction To The Retail Industry
topic title goes here
Strategic Retail Planning and Marketing
- Explain market segmentation and its impact on marketing strategy.
- Discuss the strategic planning process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the 5 P’s of retailing and how they relate to strategic planning and marketing.
Importance of Quality Customer Service
- Define customer service.
- Examine the role of customer service in creating a competitive advantage.
- Integrate excellent customer service in a retail setting.
- Examine the basic functions of loss prevention, inventory control, safety, and merchandising.
- Describe the basics of retail math.
- Define retail logistics (supply chain management) and the impact it has at the store level.
Introduction to Retailing
- Explain the term retailing and various terminology used within retail.
- Describe the retail environment and how demographic, socio-economic, and lifestyle trends influence consumer purchases.
- Evaluate how retailers are responding to changing consumers and their buying habits.
- Explain the role of government in shaping retail development.
Retail Organizations and Formats
- Compare the different types of retailing.
- Examine the dynamics of retail competition.
- Discuss the growth of omnichannel and e-commerce markets.
- Identify the attributes of successful online retailers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.