brm256 | undergraduate
Retail Personnel Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Measuring Employee Performance in a Retail Organization
- Determine methods to coach employees in developing career-related skills and knowledge.
- Determine performance appraisal techniques for retail employees.
- Develop strategies to resolve employee conflict.
Compensation, Benefits, and Incentives
- Determine strategies to motivate employees.
- Develop benefits and incentives that align with retail industry standards.
- Develop compensation strategies to meet organizational objectives.
Training the Retail Team
- Develop the components of a training program.
- Create work schedules that meet the needs of retail personnel, consumers, and organizational objectives.
- Align individuals with jobs based on personal characteristics, work experience, and skill sets.
- Identify sources of qualified applicants.
- Forecast staffing requirements.
Legal and Ethics Issues in Retail Personnel Management
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations of the employment termination process.
- Identify the legal and ethical aspects of managing employees.
- Identify the legal and ethical aspects of the hiring process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.