bsa525 | Graduate
Information Assets Protection
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Security Awareness and Standards
- Describe a variety of methods for increasing information security awareness.
- Explain the range of security policies, standards and procedures, and generally accepted practices.
- Compare policies to actual practices to determine compliance.
Logical System Security
- Explain the various logical access controls for the identification, authentication, and restriction of users to authorized functions and data.
- Describe audit procedures for determining compliance with logical access policies.
- Explain the purpose of data classification.
- Describe how organizations protect data at the various data classification levels.
- Examine tools used to monitor protection at each of the classification levels.
Physical and Environmental Controls
- Explain the various physical and environmental controls for the identification, authentication, and restriction of users to authorized functions and data.
- Describe audit procedures for determining compliance with physical access policies.
Handling Information Assets
- Explain the tools available for information assets disposition.
- Describe the various dispositions of information assets.
Tying it All Together
- Analyze existing business continuity plans for adequate protection of information assets.
- Analyze existing information handling processes to assure that information asset disposition is appropriately handled.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.