bscom300 | undergraduate
Advertising And The Media
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Ethics, Regulation, and the Future of Advertising
- Outline the important laws, rules, and regulations that inform advertising in the United States.
- Examine how ethics are used to influence advertising.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness use of media convergence in contemporary advertising.
- Summarize ethical principles as they relate to advertising and media.
What is Advertising?
- Identify the trends that characterize modern mass media.
- Distinguish advertising from other forms of marketing communications.
- Determine the effect of media technologies on culture and society, considering how this may have changed or remained consistent throughout history.
- Describe the technological, economic, and social forces that are transforming mass media.
Consumer Behavior and Advertising Strategies
- Summarize steps in advertising research.
- Describe how to use advertising strategies to impact consumer behavior.
- Explain integrated marketing communication (IMC) and how it is used in modern advertising.
- Identify the characteristics of effective advertising campaigns.
Crafting the Message
- Differentiate message strategy from advertising strategy.
- Determine when and how to use the different types of advertising mediums to support an organizationâs goals.
- Compare the different types of print, electronic, and digital media in advertising and message delivery.
- Explain the steps in managing the television, radio, and print production and creative processes.
Evaluating Advertising Messages
- Explain how values are conveyed through marketing and advertising messaging.
- Identify the ways in which advertising reflects the social values of a company or organization
- Create an electronic advertisement.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.