bscom324 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Measurement, Statistics and Sampling
- Evaluate the validity of conclusions presented in research reports.
- Explain basic descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Explain the concepts of reliability and validity and how they are assessed.
- Develop research studies using relevant and credible databases, research, and theory.
Research Methods Overview, Ethics and Bibliographic Research
- Explain how personal biases and ethical responsibilities may shape aspects of communication research.
- Differentiate between empirical, rhetorical, critical, and interpretive approaches to research.
- Formulate testable research hypotheses.
Surveys, Experiments, Ethnography and Observation
- Demonstrate how research design and research questions relate.
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative research results.
- Compare specific research methods such as surveys, experiments, ethnography, and observation.
- Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative methods
- Articulate strengths and limitations of various research designs.
Content Analysis and Rhetorical and Critical Analyses
- Conduct a research study.
- Compare research methods.
- Address research questions and hypotheses using content analysis.
Writing and Presenting Research, Consulting and Writing, and Final Presentations
- Generate a professional research report.
- Apply best practices to presentations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.