Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Course level: Undergraduate
This course focuses on the research methods employed in the communication discipline and enhancing the understanding of credible sources and accurate information. Students will learn of the most frequently applied components of communication research. Topics may include descriptive statistics, sampling, measures, research design, methodologies, and content analysis.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Recognize various approaches to research.
- Describe the elements of research design.
- Compare qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Compare quantitative and qualitative approaches to content analysis and research studies.
- Present professional research reports.