bscom336 | undergraduate
Communication Theories And Practice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Interpersonal Communication Theories
- Critique interpersonal communication theories.
- Assess assumptions of interpersonal theories pertaining to relationship development.
- Apply components of interpersonal theories in order to explain how each theory conceptualizes and explains relational life.
Communication Theories Regarding the Public and Media
- Summarize communication theories pertaining to the public in order to assess audience analysis, speech effectiveness, speaker integrity, credibility, and character.
- Evaluate media-related communication theories to explain dominance, patriarchy, personal needs and values, and the ethics associated with media reporting.
Communication Theories for Groups, Teams, and Organizations
- Critique communication theories pertaining to groups, teams, and organizations.
- Analyze how group, team, and organization communication theories explain decision making, social influence, rules, corporate climate, and employee satisfaction.
Communication Theories for Diversity and Intercultural Communication
- Analyze culture and diversity communication theories to explore dominance, control, oppression, cultural identify, conflict, and politeness.
- Explain the role that society plays in communication between and among cultural groups by examining elements of intercultural communication.
Communication Theories and The Self
- Assess the value of communication theory and research.
- Analyze intrapersonal communication theories pertaining to self.
- Summarize how intrapersonal communication theories explain the means people use to work towards gaining clarity and comprehension.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.