bscom385 | undergraduate
Public Relations And Message Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Working With the Media
- Compare communication techniques for building relationships with media.
- Determine the factors that cause media relations activities to succeed or fail.
- Explain the role of the Internet in public relations communications.
- Identify key communication trends in the media.
Audiences & Messaging
- Identify appropriate communications tools to reach an organizationâs publics.
- Create appropriate communications messages for different publics.
- Explain why messages for different publics need to employ differing strategies.
Crisis Communication & Management
- Explain how crisis communication differs from other forms of public relations.
- Determine appropriate messages to communicate to an organizationâs key publics during a crisis.
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of using various public relations crisis communication strategies to inform, influence, and communicate with an organizationâs publics.
Media Ethics, Values, and Legal Principles
- Compare the responsibilities and potential conflicts of public relations practitioners.
- Identify public relations strategies for making ethical decisions in organizations.
- Describe the primary laws that inform public relations practice.
- Explain how public relations can balance the concepts of corporate social responsibility and reputation management.
The Practice of PR and Its Role in Marketing Communication
- Define the role and primary purposes of public relations strategies.
- Analyze the role of public relations in an organization.
- Explain the relationship among public relations, marketing, and advertising.
- Identify appropriate public relations functions that fulfill organizational objectives.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.