bscom390 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communicating in Intercultural Relationships
- Identify the roles of cultural variations in intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Evaluate strategies for improving interpersonal relationships as a part of intercultural competence.
- Critique the concepts of "face," respect, and personal dignity in intercultural settings.
Communication and Intercultural Competence
- Summarize the importance of mastering intercultural competence.
- Explain the concept of culture and the role communication plays.
- Compare and contrast intra- and intercultural communication.
- Assess approaches to establishing intercultural communication competence.
Communication in Applied Settings
- Evaluate strategies for effective intercultural communication in tourism, global business, education, and health care settings.
Cultural Differences in Communication
- Explain the concept and various types of cultural patterns.
- Summarize the positions of key intercultural communication theorists.
- Evaluate the differences between cultural identity and cultural bias.
Coding Intercultural Communication
- Identify the importance of verbal expression in culture and communication.
- Explain the importance of nonverbal behavior in culture and communication.
- Assess the impact of verbal and nonverbal communication upon specific types of intercultural communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.