bscom410 | undergraduate
Media And Society
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Media Effects, Influence, and Societal Value
- Assess the value of a media literacy strategy and core guidelines for development.
- Analyze media effects and their impact on knowledge and beliefs.
- Explain the process of media effects and influence.
Media Literacy, Information Processing, and Society
- Summarize the meaning of media literacy and its impact.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of automatic information processing.
- Describe information processing and how meaning is assigned.
Mass Media and Audiences
- Define mass media and its effects on audiences.
- Explain why mass media views children as a special audience.
- Summarize the five stages of mass media development.
Media Economics, Content, and News
- Determine media producersâ strategies, agendas, and the value of content.
- Assess how reality is portrayed in media.
- Assess the difference between traditional and nontraditional news outlets.
- Explain the criteria by which to determine the quality of news.
Storytelling, Channels, and Social Issues
- Describe the general storytelling formula used within the media.
- Assess controversial content and its relation to cultural values.
- Determine the process of advertising campaign strategies.
- Assess interactive media platforms, including the benefits and risks.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.