bshs425 | undergraduate
Administration & Management Of Human Service Programs
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Operations and Human Resource Management
- Describe risk management strategies within the human service agency context.
- Describe budget development and management processes.
- Explain development and management aspects of human resources.
- Explain resource acquisitions through grant writing, contracts, and contributions.
- Identify elements of agency operations.
Supervision, Program Design, and Evaluation in Human Service Organizations
- Identify supervisory roles, processes, and challenges.
- Apply theories of motivation to human service delivery systems.
- Explain the role that information systems and technology play in human service program evaluation.
- Describe the purpose of program evaluation in human service programs.
Leadership, Change, and Effective Management Within Human Service Programs: An Emphasis on Organizational Efficacy
- Differentiate among the diverse leadership models.
- Apply theories of leadership to human service organizations.
- Apply a systems perspective to administration and management of human service programs.
Challenges, Opportunities, and the Environmental Influences in the Administration and Management of Human Service Programs
- Describe current trends of human service.
- Define terminology within human service programs administration and management.
- Assess unique administration and management challenges and opportunities specific to human service programs.
- Identify characteristics associated with successful human service programs.
- Describe the importance of an environmental analysis.
Classical and Contemporary Theories Applied Within Organizational Design
- Assess the application of classical theories in human service organizations.
- Apply contemporary theories to human service organizations.
- Differentiate between horizontal and top down organizational models.
- Delineate elements of an empowerment approach to social service management processes.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.