bshs428 | undergraduate
Human Services Program Design And Proposal Writing
topic title goes here
Introduction to Needs Assessment
- Identify the terms and concepts associated with program development.
- Describe the process of problem identification.
- Identify methods for collecting and analyzing data.
- Explain problematic issues related to a needs assessment.
Introduction to Effective Program Planning
- Identify data to be collected to identify problems in the planning process.
- Determine the resources needed to implement program design and evaluation.
- Compare the various methodologies use to measure need.
- Discuss methods to measure success of a program.
- Analyze the design, organization, and prioritization of proposed program elements and objectives necessary to achieve specified outcomes.
Designing and Developing a Program.
- Develop an implementation plan and time-frame needed for a given program.
- Explain the purpose of each step in program design.
- Evaluate the use of the logic model as a framework for program design.
- Explain the processes to identify the target population.
Program Funding and Grant Writing 101
- Evaluate the purpose of grant writing as it relates to program funding.
- Examine the best practices and common mistakes related to grant writing.
- Describe the steps to writing a grant, to include locating funding sources.
- Describe the process to end a funded project.
Program Evaluation and Measurement
- Explain the purpose of program evaluation.
- Explain how to evaluate data using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Evaluate data collection methods and how to measure a programs success.
- Assess the relevance of feedback from stakeholders in response to evaluation reports.
- Examine the implications of a systems framework approach to effectiveness-based program planning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.