bshs458 | undergraduate
Action Planning, Relapse Prevention And Aftercare
topic title goes here
- Analyze strategies related to relapse prevention.
- Identify issues that need to be addressed for effective relapse prevention.
- Identify contributions that schools, community, and public health organizations make to aid in relapse prevention.
New Perspectives in Substance Abuse Prevention
- Describe factors that influences a drugâs effects.
- Describe professional issues involved with substance abuse treatment.
- Identify the elements involved in new treatment perspectives for substance abuse counseling.
Action Planning for Clients
- Develop a treatment plan for clients related to addiction and substance use disorders.
- Identify motivational interviewing principles and how they help break down the denial process.
- Develop effective motivational interview techniques.
Evidenced-Based Addiction Treatment Approaches
- Identify evidence-based techniques and approaches recommended to aid in the treatment approaches for addictions.
- Distinguish between different group types and how each group supports addiction treatment approaches.
- Describe how shame, vulnerability, and overload affect aftercare strategies.
- Explain how multicultural competence is a necessary part of aftercare planning.
- Identify family systems issues and the role they play in aftercare.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.