bshs305 | undergraduate
Historical Development Of Human Services: An Introduction
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Foundation of Human Services
- Identify the four themes of human services.
- Identify professional disciplines that influence human services.
- Explain how societal viewpoints have influenced human services over the past three centuries.
- Explain how political and legislative changes have affected client care.
- Demonstrate understanding of the behavioral standards for human services students and professionals.
- Describe the qualifications for licensed and unlicensed careers in the field of human services.
Models of Service Delivery The Role of the Human Service Professional
- Compare human service delivery models.
- Describe why professionals choose to enter the helping field.
- Identify the characteristics human service professionals typically possess.
- Identify the various types and roles of human services professionals.
- Describe the role of mental health facilitators in human services.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Identify the range of problems facing human services clients.
- Describe the stages of the helping process.
- Explain how human service professionals engage clients and the community in the helping process.
- Explain how client personal history and perceptions influence access and engagement of services.
- Identify the specific helping skills that can be used with clients.
The Role of Collaboration: Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals
- Describe the role of collaboration in human services.
- Explain how collaboration in human services promotes social, political, and economic change.
- Summarize the role legislative policies have on human services codes of ethics.
- Describe how to use the ethical decision-making model as a human services professional.
- Identify client rights that human service professionals must protect.
Current Trends in Human Services
- Explain how human service delivery settings are influenced by evolving client needs.
- Explain how client services are changing due to trends in technology.
- Relate economic and political events to current trends in the human services field.
- Identify demographic trends that will influence future needs in the delivery of human services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.