bshs385 | undergraduate
Interpersonal Communication And Interviewing Skills
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain the purpose of interviews in social services.
- Describe the different types of interviews found in the human services setting.
- Identify the steps in preparing for an interview.
- Explain how the interview process allows human service professionals to assist clients in establishing goals.
Structuring the Interview Process
- Identify elements that are conducive for an effective physical interview environment.
- Identify professional and ethical interview behaviors for human service workers.
- Describe the role of note taking and documentation.
- Demonstrate positive regard, the ability to build rapport, and display empathy in client interactions.
- Demonstrate listening for comprehension and gaining information in client interaction.
- Identify how to gain attention, show interest, and minimize distractions and barriers during client interactions.
- Demonstrate phrasing and questioning during client interactions.
- Apply the three types of interview questions: open, closed, and probing questions.
- Describe characteristics of nonverbal and verbal attending.
Interviews and Technology
- Analyze how technology influences interview formats.
- Describe the role of compliance, security, and confidentiality for the human service professional.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.