bshs462 | undergraduate
Building Community In Organizations
topic title goes here
Evaluating Human Service Programs
- Develop a budget for a human service program.
- Identify the issues and challenges of program evaluation.
- Describe how scope and purpose influence evaluation design.
- Develop process and outcome evaluations.
Achieving and Maintaining Organizational Excellence
- Describe the five disciplines of a Learning Organization.
- Formulate a Force Field Analysis and self-assessment for achieving and maintaining individual excellence.
Managing Human Service Organizations
- Identify the vision and mission of national, state, or local human service organizations.
- Describe strategies for staffing, promoting diversity, and governing an organization.
- Determine the environmental trends and stakeholders that influence an organization.
- Explain the importance of community collaborations, marketing, and a board of directors in human service organizations.
Organizational Theory and Design for Human Service Organizations
- Identify the key components of organizational structure.
- Identify the importance of culture and the value of building community in organizations.
- Relate classical theories to human relations models.
Developing and Managing Human Resources
- Identify the causes and prevention of staff burnout.
- Identify leadership models and key elements of the supervisory process.
- Recognize the challenges associated with supervising or being supervised.
- Describe key factors in job design, hiring, training, and performance appraisal.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.