bshs475 | undergraduate
Field Experience II
This undergraduate-level course is 15 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Organizational Structure of Your Agency
- Describe the administration and management style of your agency.
- Examine the influence of funding on the operations of your agency.
Organizational Theories Applied Within Your Agency
- Identify the organizational theories used by your agency.
- Evaluate the client empowerment principles used by your agency.
- Assess the methods used within your agency when implementing motivational theories.
Measuring Successful Outcomes
- Describe the process and purpose of program evaluation at your agency.
- Assess the program outcomes at your agency in terms of achievements and areas for improvement.
Research and Service Gaps
- Describe the role of research at your agency.
- Identify a researchable need within your agency and explain how it is defined.
- Analyze research to identify service gaps.
Clients and Services
- Explain challenges in obtaining the appropriate services for clients.
- Describe methods of client advocacy and empowerment.
- Describe ethical issues that can arise from working with clients.
- Apply ethical standards for human service professionals.
Addictions in the Community
- Identify addiction-related issues within your community.
- Explain the consequences of addiction in your community.
- Describe the challenges of working with individuals with addiction issues.
Addiction Interventions Within the Community
- Describe the addiction interventions available in your community.
- Identify the role of the human services professional in addiction interventions in your community.
- Determine situations when a referral is necessary.
Abuse and Neglect in Families
- Identify local laws related to abuse and neglect.
- Evaluate the issues associated with abuse and neglect within your agency.
- Discuss the role of the human services professional while working with abuse and neglect victims.
Violence in the Community
- Identify the resources for victims of violence within your community.
- Explain protocols your agency follows when violence is encountered,
- Describe the effects of violence on families within your community.
- Identify the elements of successful aging.
- Determine the role of the human service professional in finding resources for older adults in your community.
- Discuss the process for reporting elder abuse in your community.
Mental Health Services
- Identify the mental health needs of the clients at your agency.
- Determine the mental health intervention strategies offered within your community.
- Examine multicultural issues to be considered when providing mental health interventions to special populations.
- Identify the methods of practice in various faith-based human service agencies.
- Compare human service organizations, including those that are faith-based, in your community.
- Describe how your agency networks with other human service agencies, including those that are faith-based, within your community.
Completing the Field Experience
- Explore the best practices associated with ending relationships with team members at your agency.
- Identify skills required to ensure effective closure with your clients and agency.
- Describe how you can help clients and yourself transition successfully to new experiences.
The Future of Human Services
- Describe the role of human rights in the delivery of human services and the mobilization of change.
- Identify economic, political, and social factors that influence the practice of human services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.