bss480 | undergraduate
Risk Management Perception And Communication
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Evaluating Security Plans
- Identify the components of a security plan.
- Evaluate a security plan.
Security Decision Concerns with Antiterrorism Resource Allocation
- Assess how antiterrorism strategies can be integrated into an organizationâs security plan.
- Identify how the USA PATRIOT Act can be used to strengthen a security plan.
- Analyze how the United States past and current National Security Strategy may affect an organizationâs security plan.
- Identify antiterrorism educational resources and sources of state and federal funding.
Psychological Perception of Risk
- Identify how the psychological perception of risk affects society.
- Describe the psychological effects of living in an area vulnerable to terrorist activity.
- Explain how the potential use of biological weapons influence the publicâs perception of risk.
The Role of the Media
- Evaluate the mediaâs role in reporting terrorist activity.
- Explain why publicity is a universal goal of terrorism.
- Describe why propaganda is important to terrorism.
- Explain the importance of the triangle of communication to terrorists.
Global and Regional Threat Awareness
- Describe the history of terrorism.
- Identify what motivates international and domestic terrorist organizations.
- Explain the concept of threat awareness.
- Compare threat awareness from a global and regional perspective.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.