bus211 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Business
topic title goes here
Human Resource Management and Technology, Goods, and Services
- Explain how human resource management affects business.
- Describe standard hardware, software and IT applications used in business.
- Examine the effects and costs of operations and material management in business.
- Create a portfolio showcasing core business principles.
Introduction to Business: Profits, Components and Forms
- Compare and contrast profit and profitability.
- Describe the impact of supply and demand on a market economy.
- Describe the main components of business.
- Explain the different forms of business organization.
- Describe how business has evolved from feudalism, mercantilism, and capitalism.
Legal and Ethical Issues and Business Roles
- Recognize the effects of ethical decisions on business.
- Compare and contrast business ethics and the law.
- Describe the roles and behaviors of entrepreneurs, managers, and employees.
- Examine a business plan using SWOT analysis.
Communication, Motivation and Culture
- Describe the components of persuasive communication.
- Identify theories of work motivation.
- Identify the characteristics of high-performing groups and teams.
- Examine organizational structure and the impact of organizational culture on a business.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.