ccmh540 | Graduate
Career And Vocational Counseling
topic title goes here
Foundations of Career Development and Resources
- Identify common resources related to career choice and career development.
- Identify and explore major theories of vocational development as a basis for career counseling.
- Describe the need for career development services.
- Examine the origins and development of career counseling.
Vocational Guidelines for Clients Across the Lifespan
- Explain the historical effects of economics, technology, and social and political trends on career counseling services.
- Compare and contrast vocational guidance and career counseling practices across the developmental stages of clients through the lifespan.
- Analyze steps in the career counseling process for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Discuss career guidance programs in institutions of higher learning.
- Identify career development options for adults in transition.
Vocational and Career Counseling Interventions and Programs for Special Populations
- Examine special issues related to career counseling for men, women, and families.
- Differentiate the special needs associated with multicultural groups in regards to career and vocational counseling.
- Identify issues related to career counseling for clients with disabilities.
- Identify and analyze the various legal issues related to fair employment practices and worker rights and responsibilities.
- Construct a community-based strategy for working with diverse populations in vocational and career interventions.
Professional Practices, Skills, and Techniques for Career and Vocational Counseling
- Determine the levels of career and vocational counseling when developing a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Demonstrate skills and techniques necessary to provide career and vocational counseling to clients in a variety of community settings.
- Integrate career and vocational guidance processes into comprehensive professional counseling competencies appropriate as a treatment resource for a broad and diverse client base.
- Explain the importance of professional counselor identity and ethical standards for the practice of vocational guidance and career counseling interventions.
Vocation and Career Counseling Assessment as a Tool for Understanding Personal Development and Mental Health
- Discuss the relevance of career and vocational education and counseling in relationship to the overall mental health and well-being of individuals.
- Examine the appropriate use of assessment measures in career counseling.
- Determine appropriate decision-making processes from various theoretical frameworks.
- Demonstrate career counseling interview skills based on a theoretical framework.
The Nature of Work in Society
- Investigate the evolving nature of work, the evolution of attitudes toward work, and the influence of work in peopleâs lives.
- Discuss work and work roles in relationship to diversity and global perspectives that impact the perceptions and values of individuals.
- Evaluate your personal values regarding work and changing work roles and reflect on how these might affect your counseling style.
- Identify current, appropriate labor market information for your state.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.