ccmh504 | Graduate
Individual And Family Development Across The Life Span
topic title goes here
Developmental Milestones, Challenges, and Therapeutic Interventions for Adolescence
- Analyze developmental challenges experienced during adolescence.
- Describe the physical developmental changes during adolescence.
- Describe major influences on social and emotional development in adolescence.
Developmental Changes, Personal Challenges, and Family Challenges in Late Adulthood
- Identify the cognitive, physical, and socioemotional changes that occur in late adulthood.
- Describe counseling strategies to help individuals in late adulthood and their families understand death and dying.
- Describe the challenges that families encounter with a family member approaching the end of life.
Theories of Human and Family Development
- Identify the usefulness of the different theories of lifespan development.
- Articulate the stages of the family life cycle as they relate to lifespan stages of individuals.
- Identify interrelations among work, family, and other life roles and factors.
- Describe general systems theory as it relates to family development.
- Explore contemporary theories of cognitive development and learning including Piagetâs stages of learning.
Developmental Milestones, Challenges, and Therapeutic Interventions for Early to Late Childhood
- Examine the developmental milestones of children during early, middle, and late childhood.
- Design developmentally appropriate interventions to assist children and their parents.
- Describe major influences on social development in early and middle childhood.
Conception, Prenatal, and Infant Development
- Identify the stages of prenatal development.
- Evaluate the impact of genetics, nutrition, and environment on prenatal development.
- Identify the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social milestones of infants.
- Describe the influence of culture and gender on infant development.
- Analyze the impact of environmental versus genetic factors on human development.
Developmental Changes, Personal Challenges, and Family Challenges in Adulthood
- Identify the cognitive and socioemotional changes that occur in adulthood.
- Describe challenges faced during adulthood.
- Explain the effect of adulthood challenges on the family.
- Analyze the effect of the interrelations among work, family, and other life roles on adult development.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.