ccmh581 | Graduate
Supervision/management In Clinical Mental Health Counseling
topic title goes here
Emergency Response Management
- Identify supervision strategies which prepare, monitor, and support counselors in providing services to trauma-based clients.
- Explain the operation of an emergency management system within clinical mental health agencies and in the community.
- Articulate the principles of crisis intervention management for the victims of disasters or other trauma-causing events.
Management and Consultation
- Compare and contrast administrative supervision, management, and clinical supervision, including administration finance and accountability in mental health services and programs.
- Review public policies on the local, state, and national levels that affect the quality and accessibility of mental health services.
- Define consultation and differentiate from clinical supervision.
- Analyze consultation models and ethical implications.
Legal and Ethical Issues in Supervision
- Review the ACA Code of Ethics, Section F: Supervision, Training, and Teaching.
- Describe the major legal aspects of clinical supervision, including state licensure requirements.
- Articulate the Approved Clinical Supervisor Code of Ethics, National Board for Certified Counselors.
Role and Function of Supervisors, Qualifications of Supervisors, Supervision and Supervisory Settings
- Develop a working definition of clinical supervision.
- Analyze the functions of supervision in the clinical setting.
- Describe essential supervisory characteristics.
- Analyze the components of positive supervisory relationships.
- Identify state regulations regarding clinical supervision.
- Identify various aspects of supervision in public and private settings, or other settings as applicable.
- Assess the impact of personal history on the supervisory relationship.
Models of Supervision, Supervisory Interventions
- Describe conceptual and developmental models of counseling supervision.
- Analyze psychotherapy-based models of supervision.
- Discuss the functions of the supervisor as a role model in supervision.
- Identify key supervisor responsibilities for training supervisees.
- Analyze supervisory interventions and their appropriate and timely use.
- Evaluate supervisee competency utilizing multiple tools and measures.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of key supervisory intervention skills.
- Identify professional issues that affect clinical mental health counselors.
Skills and Tasks of Supervisees
- Discuss the importance of developing appropriate treatment plans, case notes, and clinical documentation.
- Describe the effects of unresolved personal issues as they relate to supervisee performance.
- Define supervisory needs using a conceptual and psychotherapy-based model of supervision.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.