ccss500 | Graduate
Overview Of Common Core
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
CCSS Across the Curriculum
- Compare grade-level academic expectations and CCSS benchmarks across the curriculum.
- Create strategies that reflect differences in student abilities, needs, learning rates, and achievement levels.
- Align CCSS to curriculum, assessment, and student experiences across the curriculum.
- Analyze the role of administrators in building consensus school- and community-wide for CCSS.
Future Trends of CCSS
- Identify current benefits, issues, and trends of CCSS.
- Compare leadership challenges facing teachers and administrators in implementing CCSS.
- Project future benefits, issues, and trends of CCSS.
- Evaluate the role of data, assessment, and curriculum monitoring in the implementation of CCSS.
- All objectives apply.
- Describe the impetus for and development of CCSS.
- Explain the global and technological influences on the foundations of CCSS.
- Identify CCSS authors and stakeholders.
- Compare CCSS to other educational reforms, standardization models, and legislative initiatives.
CCSS and English Language Arts
- Align CCSS to English Language Arts instruction and assessment practices.
- Analyze the role of administrators in supporting the implementation of CCSS in English Language Arts.
- Incorporate nonfiction, technology, and evidence-based literacy resources into lesson plans.
- Create grade-level strategies that integrate literacy in history, social studies, science, and technology subjects.
CCSS and Mathematics
- Align CCSS to instruction and assessment practices in mathematics.
- Analyze the role of administrators in supporting the implementation of CCSS in mathematics.
- Integrate evidence-based and STEM resources into mathematics lesson plans.
- Create grade-level strategies that stress studentsâ conceptual understanding of key mathematical ideas and organizing principles.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.